Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Vacation

As some of you know my mom came out to visit last week. It was really nice to have her here. I will just talk about what we did. Well, Steven and I got up early on Saturday May 2nd and drove to Minneapolis to pick my mom up. We ended up getting there an hour early and so Steven and I went to the mall to wait for her flight to come in. Little did we know that, that airport has two different terminals. So we got a little lost but then we ended up finding my mom and all was good. I was so excited to see her!! We went to Ikea and then the mall. It was so fun just catching up. Then we were able to attend the temple, which was great and then we went out to Red Robin for dinner. Yum yum!! Then the drive home. We didn't leave Minneapolis until almost eight at night. So we got home a little after one in the morning. LATE! So as soon as we got home we went straight to bed. The next morning I woke up extra early to make cookies for our kids at church. I had promised that I would make them something and kinda forgot about it but got up early to make them cookies. My mom got up with me and hung out in the kitchen while I was cooking. Then we got ready and went to church. I think that she enjoyed our ward. She also came to sunbeams with us. We had some kids that were a little noisy and so my mom was trying to help by saying that she would take them out in the hall and what not. Well, they were so scared and she didn't mean it that way. So she explained to them that she really is a nice person and that she didn't mean to come across scary or whatever. I think they got it because by the end of class they were hanging around her and I think they really liked her toward the end. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Steven had classes and finals and work and I didn't have to work. It was so nice to just hang out with my mom everyday and just talk. On Tuesday we were able to go to Famous Daves and that was really fun. We went to the movies and saw Star Trek, which was AWESOME!! At the end of the week I was sad to see her go. But I realized something. There was one night when Casey called to talk with my mom. And it was then that it hit me, she needed my mom more than I do. I mean don't get me wrong, I need my mom. But I think that the kids that are living at home aree the ones that need her more right now. I was so glad that I was able to see her but I know that the kids are happy to have her back home. When we had to drop my mom off at the airport and after we drove away, it kinda hit me and I was sad. Steven and I went to the mall and shopped around for a while. Steven did the best he could to keep things light and keep me positive and kutoes to him, he did a good job. Anyway, the week was amazing. Oh yeah! And for my birthday, my mom bought me a Wii Fit!! It has been a lot of fun to use, THANKS MOM! :) Anywway, it was an awesome week and I am so glad that she was able to come.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yay! I'm glad you had fun with your mom.