Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mothers Day/ Birthday

I was very excited about Mother's Day this year. It was my official first one! However, it put some stress on Steven I am sure. Because this year Mothers Day and my birthday were exactly one week apart. Needless to say, I felt very special! For Mothers Day I got a card from Steven and Henry and a card from Stevens parents. I was loaded up on candy from almost everywhere. It was just so nice feeling very loved. For my birthday my mom took me shopping to get new clothes. I will say it. Sadly my son is 10 months almost 11 months old and I have still been wearing maternity clothes. Not because I needed too. In fact the clothes I have been wearing have been drowning me. So shopping was WAY overdue. I was pleasantly surprised that I have gotten back down to fit into sizes I haven't been able to fit into for years! I had so much fun shopping. I was able to get 4 new outfits. I am so excited!
 Then on the Friday before my birthday Steven asked me out. I didn't know where we were going. All I knew was that I needed to dress nicely. We got ready to go and when we got in the car the new Carrie Underwood song was on and it turns out that Steven bought me her new cd! I LOVE it! We listened to it the whole way to Seattle. Thats all I knew about where we were going. Well, he ended up taking me to Salty's on Alki in Seattle. There was valet parking, so fancy! We went in and we were a half hour early for our reservation. They were able to seat us right away. We went to the table and there were balloons and flowers at the table! The balloons were to reserve the table, but the flowers were what Steven had ordered in advance to be there! It was like something out of the movies! It was so cute! We had an amazing seafood dinner! Everything there was amazing! 

After dinner we went for a little walk on the beach. It was cold and we were not dressed for walking so the walk was cut short. 
Saturday we did the rock creek fair... I posted about that in a previous post.
Sunday! Birthday day! Henry got me a bag of peanut butter m&m's along with a very cute card! Steven's parents got me movie tickets and candy and an offer to watch Henry so we could go to the movies. Church was good then after I came back and took a nap and then we went to my parents house. I can't tell you how excited I was for my German chocolate cake! My mom made BBQ ribs and baked potatoes.. yum yumm!! Then we played apples to apples and just had a really fun night. I couldn't ask for anything more then getting to spend time with family. It really is the greatest thing.
Monday was also fun and I called it another extension of my birthday! My friends took me out to lunch at Red Robin. After that Steven and I were able to go out that night. We went out to the Banyan Tree (AWESOME!) and then went and saw the Avengers. It was probably the best movie I have seen in a long time! It was great! 
I just have to take a moment here. I am so thankful for everything in my life. I am thankful for the people and just everything. These past few weeks I have really had time to think about it and reflect and I just love my family.

1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

Glad you were spoiled! You deserve it!