Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Time for an update!

Well, its been a long time since I have written on this thing. Not a lot has been happening, but last week Steven and I had some good news! We went to my doctor last thursday to figure out why I can't get pregnant. So we went in and he took a look at my chart for temperature readings, and told me that I am not ovulating. So he said that all I need is to take some medicine that makes it so I can ovulate and then I should be able to get pregnant within the next couple of months! Steven and I are so excited! I was so excited about the news that I went back to work and told my friends, and then I called my mom and I just was glowing. Its like finally there is a light at the end of a tunnel for me. Its like this is a chance and I am just so glad that it is something as easy as just taking a pill... well for now anyway. I am trying not to get too excited but at the same time I just can't help it.

Also last weekend Steven and I were able to have a little getaway between the two of us. We left on Friday after Steven's class and headed to Bismark. We had to drive through a little winter storm but it was worth it. We stopped in Frago on the way there to eat at the Olive Garden and our car stopped in the middle of the lane! For no reason. It was really weird, we don't even know what happened. But it didn't happen again, so we didn't worry about it. We reached Bismark around 5:30pm. We decided to go to the Temple. And so we got ready and we made it on time. It was a really cool experiance for me and we both had a really good time. After that we went out to dinner at Space Aliens. It was really good food, but the service kind of sucked. But thats okay. The next day we spent shopping. We went to the malls and out to see a movie. We saw New In Town. We both really enjoyed it. Then later that night we went to Famous Daves. Its a BBQ place. And it was sooo yummy!! We went back too the hotel and we got to go swimming and it was all really fun. On Sunday we headed back home. We made it in really good time and once we did get home we both just crashed. The whole weekend was much needed and loads of fun. Its hard for me to believe that a week has already gone by since we were there.

Work. Well work was acutally the main reason that we planned this getaway. Work has been very stressful lately. They had to cut back hours for everyone and so things have been hard. People have quit, and I am jealous. I have been looking for another job for a while now. But having the economy be like it is, it makes it really hard to find somewhere that is hiring. I have been trying really hard to let the things that have been bothering me te most just to let them go and not worry about them. Its more stress than I really need to have. I am planning on quitting, I just haven't figured out when. The bank hours are changing as well. I think that it is for the better but I think that we are going to pay with it by what our customers thinks. There is still a tension in the air. I have gotten to the point where I am okay with just being by myself. On my lunch breaks I don't really talk with anyone. I eat alone and listen to my Ipod. It doesn't bother me though.

Family. I am still very homesick but I am doing better with it. My mom just had a surgery. I wish that I could be home with her. She is planning on coming out to visit sometime in the future, but she is still trying to get me to come home. I wish that I wasn't so dang afraid to fly. That is something that I want to work on changing about myself. I just try to not think about how my family is so far away and then I do okay. I feel like lately I have been very clingy with Steven. I have asked him if it bothers him, and he said it doesn't. I think I will be much better once my mom comes. I am planning on taking off whatever time needed when she comes. I never thought that I would need my mom so much.

Steven is doing well. School is going good and so is work. He is getting ready to learn how to fly. He is very excited about it and I am happy for him. He seems to be doing very well with classes. He doesn't like his English class but other than that he is doing well. He is getting good grades and I am just so proud of him.

Thats the update for now! :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so happy for you that you are finding some answers to why you can't get pregnant. I'm guessing the doctor is going to give you clomid to help you ovulate. (Just make sure that they monitor your cycle to make sure it works.) I hope it works for you and that it isn't too much longer before you can get the baby you want so much. Soren and I still haven't found out why I can't get pregnant. I have to wait until I get a job with health ins.

I'm glad you two were able to get away and enjoy yourselves. I hope that you can get another job that you will love.

Geneen said...

I'm so glad they found something that might work for you guys! Hurray! We'll pray for you and hopefully pregnancy will come quickly!

Doreen Sorensen said...

I hope your prayers are answered!