Saturday, June 20, 2009
Itsy bitsy spider...
Okay. So for all of you who may or may not know, I HATE spiders. They freak me out. Okay so story time. So yesterday I was getting ready to go to work. I decided to make the bed before I went. As I was getting all the sheets together and flipping them around and what not, a spider came crawling out!!! I lost it. I ran out into the kitchen and started having the worst panic attack. I couldn't breathe and I was just staring at it. It was pretty decent sized. I then attempted to call Steven. He was at work and wasn't answered his cell. So then I called the store phone. He didn't answer that either, so I knew he was busy. And I also knew that I just needed to get in there and kill it and just get over it. I then tried to call my mom. Mind you with the time difference it was like 6:20am her time. (Sorry Mom). She didn't answer either. Now you may be wondering why I would call my mother when she lives thousands of miles away. Call it moral support. I went over to our shoe rack and got two shoes and put them on each of my hands. Then I walked into the bedroom. It was gone. I flipped the sheet over and didn't see it, so then I put the shoes down, grabbed my purse and went to work. I locked the bedroom door, and left. As I was leaving Steven called me and asked me what was going on. I proceeded to tell him and then burst into tears. I was so upset. He tried to calm me down reminding me that I needed to breathe and that everything would be okay. I got in the car and started to drive to work. As I was driving Steven told me that he would tear the room apart when he got home until he found the spider. He would then kill it, then revive it and then kill it again. (That part made me laugh). When I got to work I shared my story with my coworkers and got laughed at. I then realized that I made it a bigger deal then I should have and laughed along with them. Although I still didn't want to go home. So on my lunch break I drove home and Steven was there. When I came inside he was in our bedroom turning things over looking everywhere for it. He asked me where it was. I told him and he looked, and there it was. Turned over on its back and its legs were twitching. He grabbed it with a tissue and flushed it. Saying that it was pretty decent sized. I am just glad that it was still in the same spot and that he got rid of it. I was able to sleep okay. Mind you, I have a battle wound. It bit me. Danget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We all have fears. Not all spiders freak me out, but I am deathly afraid of black widow spiders. I'm glad he found the spider and got rid of it. You probably would have had a hard time trying to sleep knowing it was lurking around somewhere.
Great story! So, it actually bit you?
Sorry to hear that!
Dad
Post a Comment