Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The whole story

So after my post yesterday, I figured that I had better tell the whole story! So, here goes.

A while back after seeing the doctor we decided that we were going to do an IUI. We were waiting until I got my period. Well, this past weekend Steven and I talked about it some more and I was pretty late at this point. I usually always am, so I didn't think anything of it. On Monday after work I decided to go buy a test and that way my period would probably show up the next day and we could get the show on the road! So after work I bought a test. I decided to take it in the Wal-Mart bathroom... For those who don't know I work at the bank in Wal-Mart. I decided to take it there because I didn't want to go home and be disappointed there and have Steven have to deal with me. Well, when the test was done it said YES+. It was a digital test. I couldn't believe it. I looked at it again and couldn't believe what I saw! I walked out and I called my Mom. I called her because we had been playing phone tag all day. She answered and asked how I was doing and I told her okay. I then said 'Mom, I took a test. And, its positive.'. She got really quiet and then I could hear her off the phone saying (I am guessing to the rest of my family) 'Melinda took a test and it is positive! There was excited screams from the other end. I could feel myself shaking and uncertain. I spoke with my Mom for a bit and she was very excited. After a little bit I told her I better call Steven!! So I hung up and called him. I asked him what he was up to. He said that he was going to try out our new vacuum. I told him that I had something to tell him. I told him that I bought a test. Then I told him that it said positive. He was very quiet for a minute. The he said 'For real? Like, really really really?' I laughed and told him yes. So about a year ago I bought an ovulation test thinking it was a pregnancy test and took it and then got all excited when it said positive. So this time Steven asked me if I for sure got a pregnancy test and not an ovulation test. I said I was sure. I read the box to him and he said yes, that did sound like the right test. He then asked me if I was home and I told him not yet because I was still sitting in the Wal-Mart parking lot! He said I needed to hurry up and get home so that he could hug me. :) I told him I would be there soon. I asked him what he said he was going to do and he said 'I'm going to vacuum... Yeah... vacuum' I couldn't help but laugh. I told him that he should call his parents and tell them and he said he might. After I hung up with him I called my Mom back and talked with her some more. I kept asking her how accurate home tests were. And she said they are usually very accurate. I got home and Steven was putting his phone down when I walked in. I told my Mom I had to go and hung up. Steven just kept saying, 'Really? really? really? Are you sure? Really?' He was picking me up and hugging me. I told him to take a look at the test. So he did. And he was so shocked. We just couldn't believe this could be happening to us. We both started dialing our families. It was fun getting to call everyone and share our news. Eventually I skyped with my family. It was so awesome to see them. We talked about everything. They even figured out a due date for me according to the last time I had my period. They came up with July 11, 2011. I had a hard time sitting because I didn't want to 'squish' the baby. I told Steven that and he couldn't stop laughing. He kept telling me it probably isn't big at all. After we had talked to our family we decided to go out and celebrate. We decided not to tell any of our friends because we weren't sure if this was right. I think we were both in denial. On our way out we drove up next to our good friend Gary Hanson. I shouted out our news through the window, I couldn't help it! I was so excited! Gary was so happy for us. After he drove away Steven and I called him and asked if he wanted to come out and celebrate with us. He was on his way to pick up his wife, Amy and he said that after that they could love to come with us. So we followed him to where he was going to pick her up. While we were waiting we told him the whole story and then hung out with him and their daughter Hannah while we waited for Amy. Amy came out and I told her the news and then we went to Wendy's to get some food and just hang out. While we were waiting in line Steven whispered in my ear telling me that I could get whatever I wanted because I was eating for two now. Wow, when he said that, it defiantly shook me a little. So we hung out with our friends and then went home. I was so restless that night. Before falling asleep I kept asking Steven if this could really be happening. When we got home I took a second test just to see what it would say. It said ? That made me doubt. I wasn't sure what that meant and I threw away the instructions. Being the smart one that I am.Steven kept trying to reassure me that it meant nothing. The next morning I was planning on having a blood test done. I did not sleep at all! Well, for the past few nights I have been waking up around 2:00am sick.That happened Monday night and then I couldn't get back to sleep. So I went on the computer for a while. I googled how accurate home tests are, hung out on facebook. Trying to make myself tired. Six finally rolled around and I got up with Steven and got ready. I didn't have to work until 9:00am but I was taking Amy (my friend) to the airport to get a rental car because they were driving to Colorado. I dropped Steven off at work at 7:00am and then I didn't have to pick up Amy until 8:00am. I couldn't go home and just sit there and so I drove around town for that hour. I was so anxious. In that time, I called the doctor and they said I would have to speak with my Doctor who had to order the blood test. I got Amy and took her to the airport then came back to town. I called my doctor and they ordered a blood test and said I could go and take it any time. I went in before I went to work. The whole way there I had to keep telling myself to remain calm and that it was all going to work out. I had my blood drawn and they told me I could call back in an hour to get the results. I went to work, and tried to busy myself to not look at the clock. At 9:30am I called and they gave me the results. I am pregnant!! For sure. In talking with the nurse, I asked her if she could tell how far along I am. She judged it by my last period. She said that she thinks I am about six weeks along. We scheduled my first appointment for December 23rd. She told me to buy my prenatal vitamins and that they would see me in a month. It was really hard for me to focus at work. I called Steven and told him and he as super excited! He sent out a mass text and said that I was for sure pregnant. It was fun getting to tell everyone at work. This news was very unexpected but fantastic! Steven has been so great. He has been reading up online about trimesters and what to expect. I love it. I went to my last Weight Watchers meeting last night. I went and weighed in and I was the same weight I was last week. Since being on the program I have lost about 20 pounds. My leader was very happy for me, but she did say that I cannot stay with the program when I am expecting. I am sad to leave that part of my life behind. It has truly been an amazing thing for me. I am not going to go completely off the deep end and start eating whatever I want, I will still keep it in prospective. Steven is looking at it from the point that we are going to have a little extra money every month now! Thats true so that is how I will think about it. Well, this post is so long. Holy wow. If you made it through, good job. A lot of reading. Anyway, I will keep you posted with more details as they come!
P.S. Last night I slept through the night for the first time in a few days! It was awesome!




4 comments:

Jessica Syverson said...

I'm soo excited for you! Congrats!

Geneen said...

SSSOOOOO EXCITED! Love you!

Steven and Chelsea said...

WAHOO!! I hope you keep feeling ok :) Remember second trimester is way better than the first!!

Drew and Beki said...

congrats! youll be a great mom! and congrats on your weight loss too! awesome!