Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

UND Study

I have been neglecting blogging for a while now and I really shouldn't put it off anymore. So on December 9th I went to a UND study. While Steven's parents were here for Thanksgiving, (which was AWESOME!!) we went to the movies. While there, there was an advertisment that came across talking about if you were within 14 weeks of pregnancy you qualify for this UND study and they pay 75.00. Steven's mom was saying that I should totally do it. I wasn't interested so I just ignored it and said that I would think about it. Well, a week or so later Steven and I went to the movies again. (Yes, we go WAY to often) and the same advertisment was on again. Well, I took it as a sign and decided nothing could be hurt by calling and finding out what it is all about. A few days later I called and they said that it is a study that the do to see how much vitiman D pregnant ladies are getting.I agreed to do it. So on December 9th we got up and went to the nutrition center on campus. I did a pregnancy test and it came back positive. Call me crazy but sometimes I doubt that I am really pregnant. So seeing another test coming back positive was really cool. After that they needed to draw blood. Now normally this has never been an issue for me. As they were drawing I began to feel light headed. I asked her how many of the little tube things she was filling and she said 5. Thats the most blood that I have ever had drawn at once. They tried to get me to take deep breaths and focus on Steven. It was done pretty quick. They offered me a juice box but I was alright. After that I had to fill out a survery that was about five pages long. It asked what types of foods I have eaten in the last month and then finally how much exposure to the sun I get. Well, around the winter time  here the sun isn't out much. And I am not an outdoors person. So I haven't had a whole lot. She said that is pretty normal. She did say that in the spring when it is starting to get nice out again that I should be getting out there and getting lots of exposure. She said the next time I would need to be seen by them would be sometime in March. After that there is just one more appointment and then all done. :) I get a little bit of the money each time. The first time I got a $10.00 gift card to Target. So its not cash, but I'll take a Target gift card. :) It is different but cool at the same time. Other than that nothing new has been happening. I have been quite a bit more sick but I am doing alright. I'm just keeping in mind that I am getting so close to almost being in my second trimester and then things should get better. Shout out to my hubby. Steven, you have been so amazing throughout all of this. My mood swings and not being able to eat much. I love you! :)

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

Hang in there! Second trimester tends to be better for most! Thank goodness for wonderful husbands who deal with pregnancy crazies! :)

Julie said...

That's cool that are able to get some extra shopping money from the study.

I hope the "morning sickness" goes away soon.