Lately there have been some things happening that I consider to be pretty dang cool. So, a couple of Sundays ago it was Ward Conference in my Moms ward. Steven's Mom is in the Stake Young Women's presidency. She would be attending their ward and she was to prepare a talk for the youth. It wasn't for sure if she would be speaking to them, but she needed to have something prepared anyway. She talked with Steven and I the morning of and said that she felt like we should go with her. She would be talking about families and wanted to use us as an example. Well, we went and the third hour we went in with the youth. It was then announced that they would be changing things up and the Stake Presidency would be speaking. So we sat there thinking all well, guess we weren't needed and I'm sure that Steven's Mom felt good because she didn't have to speak. :) Henry started to get fussy being on the floor, and so Steven took him out in the hall. The Stake President was speaking. He then stopped looked out the crack of the door and said 'Brother Jacobson, can you come in here for a second?' I'm sure Steven was out in the halls walking with Henry thinking, WHAT?! As Steven was coming in, President Rodarte was talking about how he had known Steven as a youth. When Steven got into the room and in front of everyone, he was asked to talk about what he did after he graduated highschool. It was so cool. The room was silent. Steven started out by saying that he worked for a while, then he went to BYU for a little bit and then went on a mission. Then came home and married me, then went out to North Dakota for school... and then had our son. I looked around the room. The YW leaders were crying and I found myself becoming very teary eyed. Henry had been fussy out in the hall but once Steven started talking about his life, Henry was quiet. It was so cool. Watching him talk about our family was just the coolest thing and I know that it reached the youth. I was so touched. I don't know that I explained it very well here, but the spirit was so strong. It really impacted me. As soon as Steven finished talking Henry started crying again. After church Steven and I were talking about it and we both believe that this was inspired. We believe that his mom was inspired to have us come with her, not for the purpose originally thought, but for something else. And it was just so cool. I can't get over it. Every time I think about it I get goosebumps.
Updates on Henry! He is 13 pounds 5 ounces, 23 inches long. :) He is becoming quite the smiley boy! He is an expert at cooing, and he is very close to giggling! His eyes light up when he sees you and when I get up to walk away, he always watches me leave. :( That part is sad, but cool to think that he knows me... well kinda. :) He had about four days where he was sleeping 7/8 hours every night. We really thought that we were starting something new, but then he went back to going about every 4 hours. Its okay though. I take what I can get and am thankful. Lately sometimes I am the only one that can calm him down. This is both a good and bad thing. It makes it hard for me to accomplish anything in my day, but I love snuggling with him. Speaking of which, he just woke up... and hungry!

2 comments:
very cool experience :)
What a cool experience!!
And hold onto every little snuggle he gives you. It won't take long until he can push you away and crawl towards his toys!
Post a Comment