Thursday, April 8, 2010
So cool
It has been a while since I have posted but its because I have been going through a hard time. I guess you could say that I have just been sad. But I am trying to improve my attitude. Well an update about my Mom. My mom had one out of thirteen lymph nodes come back with cancer. She has to go through chemo now. She will start at the end of this month and it will go from six to eight months. Steven and I are planning a trip out to Washington for the end of June. I have a sever anxiety about flying but I figure that if my Mom can go through cancer and chemo I can certainly hop on a plane and fly home. The other stress in my life has been about having kids. Lately its getting really tough again. But I am going to push through it. Last night when we were getting ready for bed Steven suggested that we read the scriptures. In reading this certain passage it hit me really hard. I have never had that happen to me. I asked Steven this morning if he found this passage on purpose because he knows how I am feeling. He said no, that he just picked up from where we left off a few weeks ago. Anyway, for those of you who want to know what it was it is Alma 37: 31-37. It amazed me how hard it hit me. Reading over it today reassures me that I can get through this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that things are tough but I know you're a tough cookie and can make it. I love it when Heavenly Father helps us find comfort in the scriptures, I remember when I was moving to PA how hectic life was and it just so happened that I was reading about Lehi and Nephi and their journey into the wilderness. We moved together. ;)
Hope things go well for your mom.I struggle with fertility issues as well- I have PCOS. YOu have my sympathy. Take care.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom having to go through chemo. I hope that her body responds well to it and that she doesn't get too sick from the treatments.
I'm glad that you found comfort in the scriptures. It's wonderful when scriptures stand out like that. I had that happen a few times and it is always so special. I know that the stress of wanting a baby can be overwhelming. I hope that it doesn't consume you like it was consuming me for a while.
Post a Comment