Friday, July 23, 2010
Cleared one more block in the road
For the past week I have been a bundle of nerves. About two months ago I had spoken with my Doctor about the pregnancy thing. His nurses that I spoke with told me that the next step would be Infertility Testing: Hysterosalpingogram (HSG). I looked it up online and did not like what I found. Basically its a test where they inject blue dye into your uterus and then it comes out your tubes to make sure everything is clear. From what I was reading online it was half and half of people saying that it was excrusiating pain, or nothing at all. I was holding out thinking that I might have been pregnant and then I would have to get this test done! Of course that was not the case. The doctors could not do the test until I got my period and then they had to conduct the test 7-10 days after my first day. Well, I finally got my period which was good. This test needs to be done. So I scheduled it for yesterday. I spent most of the week worrying about it. I am such a wimp when it comes to these things. My aponitment was at 3:30pm. I wanted Steven to come in with me but they said that he could not be in the X-Ray room with me because there would be too many people and the radiation. We got there and went down to X-Ray and from there I was with a nurse named Jan. She told me to change and then I came back out and she said that Dr. Brown was running late and so it may be a half hour. So I talked with the nurse for a while and then she said that she would go and get Steven and he could sit with me until it was time. He sat with me for a little bit and then they came and said that the doctor was one his way in. The doctor got in and we got all ready. It was very simallir to a pap smear in the beginning. Then another doctor came in saying he was the X-Ray doctor and he got the machine set up. They put it right over me and then he moved the tv screens to where I could see them to see what was happening. It was very odd to be able to see inside of myself. Jan came and sat with me right by my head. She gave me a blanket and told me that I could pull on that. They started to inject the dye and I was watching it in the beginning and then it started hurting so I couldn't watch. Jan kept telling me to breathe and at one point I held my breath and she told me not to do that. They were done soon after that and then I got to sit up. The doctor told me that I would feel light headed and dizzy and so to take things slow. They said that my right tube was completely open and that my left had something in it but not enough to block anything. Most times they say that women come in and are just like me and that the dye helps to kick it out of my system. I tried to sit up and felt light headed and so the nurse brought me juice and then evenutally I was able to get ready and go back up to Dr. Brown's office. We met again and he said that everything looked really good. I have my anual apointment scheduled for three months away and so he said that if by then I don't become pregnant they are going to do a surgery. A laparoscopy tube surgery. Where they would go in and cut my stomach open in two different places and then put more dye in my uterus and watch to see what happens. Dr. Brown was very confident that we could easily become pregnant within these next few months. Steven also sounded excited. This is good news! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is wonderful news! I hope hope hope hope hope that you guys can have the blessing of parenthood soon! Good luck and have fun trying! ;)
Thats great! I had an HSG too when we were trying to get pregnant and it was not fun. Thats good that you have a nice doctor and nurse there. The doctor doing mine freaked me out, asking questions during it like "how old are you? Is there a history of cancer in your family? Wow, I'm surprised you were able to carry a pregnancy to term..." I left thinking I had cancer or was going to need a hysterectomy!
Hopefully it gives you a little jump start and you'll be pregnant soon! And if you have to have a laproscopy, I've heard its not too bad. My surgery was similar to a laproscopy, except instead of two holes in my stomach, they did one in my stomach and did the rest of the surgery through my cervix. i have a tiny scar in my belly button now :)
Keeping you in our prayers!caton
YAY!!! I hope you guys get good news about this soon!! I'm glad you had a good nurse too...that makes all the difference in the world.
I'm glad you got through the HSG alright. Hopefully the dye cleared out whatever was in your left tube.
Post a Comment