Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My latest adventure

I got in a bicycle accident last night. So, for a while now I have been looking at bikes because I think it would be fun to go on a ride with Steven. Well, last night we ended up buying one for me. I was so excited! We got home and I asked him if we could go for a bike ride right away. He said yeah! Well, its been years since I have ridden a bike. But I figured, how hard can it be? It will be as easy as learning to ride a bike! LOL Well, I was doing really well and we were going around campus. Then he said that we were going to go down a bike trail. We started going down it and about a minute into it, I lost control and crashed. It was like slow motion. I remember knowing that I was going to crash and so I let go of the handle bars and closed my eyes. (Dumb? Yes, I know) The bike went one way and I went the other. I ended up on the bank of the little river covered in mud and holding on to a plant trying not to fall in the water. Steven cam down and helped me up. I was shaking pretty bad and crying. I have cuts and bruises galore, and a pretty good sized gash in the side of my leg. Steven had us walk our bikes up to the Wellness Center and then he left me there and rode his bike home to get the car and then come back and get me. I have a limp, but I'm sure it will get better. My bike wasn't so lucky. I don't know for sure what it hit I am guessing trees, but the handle bars were completely turned around and I broke off a piece of the front of it. Once we got home I was able to take a shower to get clean, meanwhile Steven was working on fixing the bike. He was able to fix it and I am so happy. I can't wait to ride again! This morning I am very sore, and I keep finding more cuts and what not. I was telling my Mom that I think its becoming a game. Lets see how many cuts and bruises I can find! :) I feel horrible because Steven blames himself. Yesterday he kept saying, "I broke you, I broke you". Today he is doing better but I hate that he is feeling so upset. I hope that we are able to go bike riding again soon! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awww, poor Melinda. I hope your cuts heal fast and hopefully you will be back on the trails in no time. At least you have a good attitude about it.