Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Feeling good

So for the past little while I have been thinking about what I can do about my weight. I started trying to eat better with a friend of mine, and that was going well but I was still cheating in between. This past Tuesday, I joined Weight Watchers. I had a really good feeling about it. I was supposed to go with a friend of mine, but then she wasn't able to go. As I was sitting at home waiting to hear back from her when I did, I decided that maybe I shouldn't go and that I could put it off. NO! I told myself. I have to go! And so I had Steven drive me and he was amazing and came into the meeting with me because I was nervous. I ended up signing up when we got there and one of the first things they did was weigh me in. That part was hard for me. But it just made me realize that I am in the right place and doing what I need to be doing. There were about twenty people there. Steven stayed with me through the meeting. At first I thought it was very cheesy. The leader was handing out awards and 'celebrating' weight losses and good things that happened with people throughout the week. The thing I realized, is that even though it was cheesy, it makes you feel good. Its awesome to hear people be excited about the small things. In my packet that I got, it had a book that counts the points for almost every restaurant and then another one the has ever food with the point value and its just so awesome! Its hard to explain on here, but if you are curious please check it out! The thing that is hard for me is that I have to write down everything that I eat. I was hesitant to do this because I know what I eat and I didn't want to see it on paper. It has been really good for me. Steven and I are trying out new recipes and its almost like a game with keeping track of my points. I feel like this is really the best thing for myself. Steven has been very supportive. He eats the meals with me, and helps me keep track of everything. So awesome! I am committed to doing the best I can with this program. My next meeting is on Tuesday and so I will have more to follow after that! :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

You go girl! I'm trying to lose weight too. I know we will both feel so much better once we get ourselves healthier.

Geneen said...

Keep up the good work! Change is so hard but so worth it. Having a program to be accountable to is also going to make a huge difference. Please call or email me or whatever if you need some support since I've been through this same trial with my own weight. I know you are tough enough to conqure this!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! Yes I am doing well. Its been going good so far!

Jess Syverson said...

Good for you! Keep it up!