Thursday, August 12, 2010
Still going strong
This past Tuesday I had my second WW meeting. I was a little worried about getting to it because the weather was being very uncooperative. It was pouring majorly that day and the streets were so flooded in some places that when cars would try and drive through it the water would go up to half of their car! It was kind of scary. Luckily, I was able to attend my meeting because the rain decided to let up for a breif moment. I was nervous about weighing in and this time Steven wasn't with me. My friend Natasha and her mother to be in law were going to be coming as well. I got weighed in and I lost 2 pounds!! I know its not a huge deal, but to me it totally is. Right away I text Steven and my Mom. Steven text me back saying that he was so excited and knew that I could continue to do this. The meeting was about how to be flexable. It talked about how we are only human and we make mistakes and thats okay. How we should try our best but not set unrealistic goals. After the meeting I stayed with Natasha and a few others to do the new member oriantation again. After the meeting I used some coupons that I had gotten and purchased some WW food items. I also purchased these serving spoons. They are so cool! They are sturdy and really nice and there are three. One measuers a cup, the next a half cup and the third is a fourth cup. That way if I ever have people over I can use these to serve and I will know how much I am eating without having to measure it! I also got a scale that lets me weigh different foods and then tells me the point values of them. Yesterday I found some recipes online that I couldn't wait to try. One of them was a pork bbq sandwhich. Steven isn't a huge fan of pork but he said he would give it a shot. So we got the ingridents that we needed and thats what we made for dinner last night. It was so good! I think I might have it for lunch today... :) Steven said that he enjoyed it as well. And the best part is that I am finding recipes that have 'filling foods' in them and so it takes down the point value. I was looking on the Olive Garden website yesterday just out of curiosity and wow! I did find some things that aren't that many points but the one that stood out to me was the Alfredo Classic dish without chicken. That alone was 35 points!!! Thats a lot. Yesterday was a very very very warm day! I wanted to go for a bike ride. Everyone that I work with thought that I was nuts for wanting to go on a bike ride in that hot of weather. Steven and I ended up going and with the point system when I work out or do excercise I get what is called activity points. Depending on the intensity of my workout, my weight and the amount of time I do it depends on how many points I get. I did a moderate workout (my bike ride) for 35 mintues. So I got 2 activity points! The bike ride was good. We went longer than we have before and by the tail end of it I was feeling like I might throw up. I think I may have pushed myself a bit more than I should have. It was a good ride though. I can't wait until I can go again. I was thinking I could go today but it is rainy so we shall see how the weather goes. Anyway, things are going great! I am still loving this program and having tons of fun with it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for losing 2 pounds! Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment