Wednesday, September 8, 2010
I think I can... I think I can
Yesterday was another weigh in. On the 31st when I weighed in and I had only lost 1.6 pounds. I wasn't very happy with myself and so I told myself that I was going to try harder. This past week Steven and I joined the Y. I didn't get a whole lot of oppertunities to go but I tried. This past Friday my friend and I agreed to meet at the Y and work out. I was so excited! Its so much easier when I have a friend with me. We got there and after we finished stretching, they announced that they were now closed! I had read over their hours but we didn't know that they changed their summer hours and so they closed at 9:00pm on Friday! We left and decided that we would go for a walk/jog instead. We drove over to Natasha's (my friends) house and then went outside to go for our walk. We told her fiance' that if we weren't back in an hours time, that they had better come looking for us! It was so dark out and cold. After we started walking we realized that neither one of us had a cell phone. All we had was our Ipods. Not very smart... We power walked most of the way and jogged at some spaces inbetween. I wish that I could say that I ran the whole way but no. I haven't quite reached that level. Natasha lives on the other side of town and we walked over half way to my house!! We had a really good time though. Once we got back we were freezing but happy. I went home and told Steven where we had gone. I was surprised at myself that we went out that late in the dark. Probably not going to do that again. I was sore for days after. A good sore though. Yesterday I had another weigh in. I gained 1 pound. I thought that I had prepared myself for that when it would happen. I was wrong. I was totally bummed yesterday! I think it was a good thing to happen because now I want to continue to work harder. In talking with Steven he said that maybe I gained because I have been working out and gaining muscle might add some pounds before I loose weight again. I think he is right. I went and worked out last night and had a great time! I am going tonight too. I am having fun with it still and I am trying not to let myself be upset that I gained. It happens to everyone. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It really is annoying when your body does that! Explanation for weight gain? It is partially for muscle gained, but also your body is going into shock from losing weight and it's thinking hang on, this isn't normal! And so it literally tries to hang on to everything else to stay "safe." The key to overcoming this is exactly what you're doing, keep going and work harder! It'll come off if you keep up your end of the deal! You're doing so wonderful I know you'll just melt off the pounds in the next few weeks. It's amazing how they just seem to fall off with exercise. You'll be so happy in the next few weeks, I promise! Hopefully I'll stop gaining weight in the next few days when I pop this baby out, and I can get back to losing the extra weight. :) You're awesome! Keep up the good work and keep us posted! Oh, FYI, you should work in some light weights soon to prevent injury and jump start the weight loss even more. I just have a small pair of hand weights I got at Target, and they make such a HUGE difference.
Light weights? I guess I don't really know what those would be used for? I guess I could use them when I am working on the treadmill or something. Yeah the whole thing has been going really well. When are you due?
3-5 lbs dumbbells, and I use them for everything. I do bicep curls, triceps, squats, lunges, etc etc, and you WILL feel it with just that much weight. Go to www.exercisetv.tv and look at the free videos. It has all you'll ever need to know about using hand weights effectively. I don't recommend using them on the treadmill because you won't be stable enough.
The baby is technically due on Sept 17, but he's coming out one way or another on Monday since I'm being induced. :) I'll keep you posted!
You're doing great. Don't get down on yourself too much. Everyone goes through little periods during weight loss when our bodies take little breaks from shedding the weight.
Post a Comment