Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Inspired by Fall

I love Fall! I truly believe that it is the best season. I find myself in the best mood and I just love it. Steven and I have decorated our house. It looks super cute! I am all about Fall decorations. I almost bought more, but I am glad that I didn't. I just don't have the room for them! I keep telling Steven that he better be prepared for when we get a house because I am going to decorate it up!

Yesterday I had another weigh in, and I lost 1.6!! I have now reached my first goal, and I have lost 5% of my body weight. It was very surprising because I didn't think that I had that good of a week. The beginning of the week started out really well. I went and worked out at the Y for five days out of the week. I love Jazz (It rocks!) And I also attempted Yoga.... yeah thats probably not so much for me. I have no balance! I also tried a belly dancing class. I was laughing through most of it and I have square hips, I swear.


I have been one busy bee lately!!

This past Sunday was my first time teaching Sharing Time in Primary. I was very nervous about it. I'm glad that it is over now. I was told that I did a good job and I guess that I am hard on myself and a perfectionist and so I don't think it went that well. The senior Primary kids were so quiet! In talking with my Mom she said that I should feel lucky that they are so reverent and pay attention but its almost un nerving when they don't say anything. It was a good experience over all and hopefully planning my next one will come eaiser to me. I don't have to do my next one for four weeks... plenty of time to plan my next one!

At work I have made a transfer. I am now working at the Wal-Mart branch. I am going to be the only full time person working there. This past Monday was my official first day. Its different and I am enjoying getting to know the new members that come to that branch. I am also getting to work with people that I haven't worked with in a long time, and that has also been so cool! When I was working at 42nd, it was very close to my house. Wal-Mart is on the other side of town and so I'm not as close as I used to be, but I am excited about this new opportunity.

3 comments:

Steven and Chelsea said...

Senior Primary was REALLY quiet for your lesson on Sunday. It's very frustrating when they do that, but don't worry. There will be days when you wish they would just shut up and you'll be frustrated about that too! I thought it went well :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Chelsea. I'm glad that it is done. Maybe with the next one I will try and plan something where they are up and moving around. :)

Julie said...

I'm sure you did great on your sharing time. It is always hard to know what will go over well with the kids, especially when you have junior and senior primary. I'm sure you'll feel more confident as you get into the calling.

Yay for more weight loss. Losing 5% of your weight is an awesome accomplishment.