Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And the Journey continues...

Time for another weight loss update! This past week I did not do very well. I did not work out one day. I felt like crap some days because of it, but there has just been too much going on in my life and I couldn't deal with one more thing. To tell you a bit about my week:

Period started. Normally this would be fine but we are trying to get pregnant. I haven't had it on my mind lately because I have tried to take on the motto 'it will happen when it happens'. Because of this I found myself being overlly grumpy and that made me even more upset. I have already been in a mood with the whole baby thing for a while now. I really have tried to not, but latley it just seems like everywhere I go its all about babies, babies babies!!! And I want to be happy for those who are lucky enough to have that blessing, but right now is one of those hard times. Looking back I just needed to change my attitude and I would have been fine. The day that it happened I went home and told Steven to not even ask me about going to work out because it just wasn't going to happen. On a side note I just have to say that I have the best husband in the world. I don't know anyone else who would put up with me as well as he does.

As mentioned in a previous blog I transfered to the Walmart branch. Why it hasn't been very stressful there are definatley some things that I am having to get used to. I really do like it here, a lot. I find myself more relaxed and having a good time at work. I enjoy people watching (No, it hasn't gotten old yet) and I even have a favorite cashier. He is awesome! He is always happy. I have never once seen him down. He greets every person diferently and has so much enthusiasim. I have learned to start taking notes from him. He is someone to follow. I remember being a cashier and there are some days when it takes everything you have to try and smile and greet that person. Watching him do it, he makes it look easy! And its so contagious. When he works everyone around him seems happier.

This past weekend was General Conference. I watched all of the sessions on Sunday but I didn't have a chance to catch the rest. On Sunday we were watching it on our laptop and then Steven hooked it up so that we could watch it through our laptop onto our TV. It was pretty sweet. There were many good speakers and I enjoyed the conference very much. After watching conference and hearing our Prophet speak to us I always feel re energized. I can't wait for the Ensign to come out so that I can read what I missed.

Yesterday was my weigh in. I almost didn't make it to the meeting. I had to work later than I normally do on Tuesdays, and so I was rushing to make it on time. I was very nervous about my weigh in because I had done horrible last week. I got on the scale and she said 'WOW!' And I hate it when they say that because I never know if its good or bad. This case, good. I lost 4.8 pounds!! That is my biggest weight loss in one week since joining. I got another 5 pound sticker and thats always a good feeling. I think my total weight loss is now around 16 pounds. I feel great! I was able to go and do Jazz on Monday, and I am going tonight as well. I am very thankful for Jazz, its what keeps me going.

As a reward for my awesome weight loss, Steven bought me Beauty and the Beast!! Love it! We got home last night and watched it, of course. I can remember seeing that movie in theaters. I remember crying when I thought the beast had died at the end. Watching the movie just brings back memories. I love it. The night before we watched my all time favorite Disney movie... Cinderella. I don't know what it is with me and Disney lately, but I just can't get enough of it. It makes me happy. Those movies are ten times better than most stuff on TV these days.

Steven is doing well with school. I have noticed that he does homework and studies more, but he never seems too stressed out.

We are doing well! :)

3 comments:

Geneen said...

Go Melinda! It's so funny how our bodies work isn't it? I often found that my body retained water or whatever the week before my period, and then shed it the week after, so my weight loss was more that week. It also sounds like your body is getting the hang of this weight loss thing and hopefully things will be more consistent! You're super amazing and I'm so proud of you! It's time for me to get back on the wagon as well and get back into my clothes, because winter's coming on and if it doesn't happen soon I'll have to get more clothes, so I'm actually saving money by losing weight. What a thought! :) Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Thanks Geneen. :)

Steven and Chelsea said...

Congrats on another 5 lbs-THAT IS AWESOME!!!