Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

We are having a GIRL!

Once again I have neglected posting. Well, exciting news!! We found out today that we are having a baby girl!! We are so excited! Steven has been wanting a little baby girl for a long time now. Here is one of our ultra sound pictures showing she is our little girl!

I was nervous about this ultra sound. I haven't blogged about this but about a month ago I had a quad screen done and it came back positive. A quad screen is to check for down syndrome. My results came back positive 1 in 120. I had to go into the doctors and they did an ultra sound. Come to find out, they originally predicted my weeks off by about two weeks. So when they took the test it was actually too early to take the test. So by the time I went in again they re did the test because I was finally far enough along for it to be accurate. The second time came back negative. So that was a big relief. Well, I was worried about this ultra sound because maybe they would find something wrong. Well, I will say having to hold all that water in wasn't exactly a blast but it was well worth it. The ultra sound took about an hour today. The ultra sound tech was able to find her gender easily. But this little girl was not in the mood to cooperate. She was flipped breech and was making it very difficult for them to measure her. She was moving around kicking and waving her arms. I have felt lots of movement lately. It has been so cool. At one point they were trying to get a good picture of her heart and she had her arm crossed across herself and wouldn't move. They were pushing my stomach and trying to get her to move but it wasn't happening. Then they had me go to the bathroom and maybe that would get her moving. Well, she moved a tad but it was enough to get a photo. This next picture is one of my favorites, her little foot! :) I can count all of her little toes!
They tried to get some good shots of her just laying there for us to have but once again she wasn't having it. She had her legs up behind her back and so this was the best shot we could get.
Well, I am finally showing so we took a tummy picture today. I kind of think it makes me look chubby but I know that its just my baby bump! I also know this because I still haven't gained any weight since becoming pregnant. Crazy!
I am 19 weeks along. We have finally entered the fun stage! I am still dealing with a little morning sickness but I take my anti nausea pills and then I am just fine. Steven and I agreed a little while ago that once we knew what we were having we were going to go and buy one outfit. Just to celebrate. Well, this is the one we decided on!
It says 'My first North Dakota Tee' So cute! We love it! We are just so excited its just been great. Neither of us can stop smiling! So funny story... The other night while I was trying to get to sleep, I felt drumming on the my left side. I nudged Steven and told him to knock it off! He said 'Its not me!' Yeah, my little missy was drumming on my insides. :) Felt so crazy! Anyway, we couldn't be happier with this news. I can't wait to meet her!

5 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

That is such fun news! Girls are so much fun. They have so many cute clothes. Glad you are doing well. You are almost 1/2 way done! :)

Doreen said...

I am so excited for you. I know how desperately you have wanted it to happen. Congrats!

Elizabeth said...

Glad things are going well, how exciting to have a girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! Girls are way fun. So glad to hear all is going well.

Julie said...

Congrats! That is so exciting to find out the gender.

I'm so glad to hear that the second test for down syndrome came back negative.