Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Biggest Loser

I participated in Maple Valley Biggest Loser. It was 10 weeks long. It ended last Monday. I was pretty skeptical about doing it in the first place, but then I got motivated. My mom had done it before and she won! She was the biggest loser... :) It cost $30 to enter the competition and you get placed on teams. I was a little worried about the team I got put on. I had heard that members of my team were very aggressive and wanted to win. That was fine with me, but I didn't know how much I could lose. I made a goal for myself to lose 15 pounds in ten weeks. I go to the gym with my mom in the mornings for about two hours. I also do dance classes at the church twice a week. I will admit that some weeks were harder than others and there were days when I missed the gym, missed classes. I weighed myself once a week. I am VERY proud to be able to say that during the entire ten weeks I did not gain, not ONCE! I feel like my motto is 'slow and steady wins the race'. There were people who were doing this loosing 6 pounds in one week. I never was able to do that. But this is a lifestyle for me. Not just a competition. I went to my final weigh in last Monday. In the overall competition, I lost 7 pounds! Not quite my goal, but I am still very happy with it. I am actually even more excited about inches I lost! 
Chest: Lost 3 inches
Waist: Lost 3 inches
Hips: Lost 6 INCHES!!!!
Legs: Lost 1.5 inches
Arms: Lost 1 inch
I am still continuing to work out. Well, my team came in first place!! There were two people on my team who were such beasts when it came to working out! One lost over 30 pounds, the other over 24 pounds! They are motivation too. They do MV Biggest Loser year round. I don't know that I will do it again, but it was good to do it once. 
After Henry was born I downloaded the my fitness pal app onto my phone. I used it maybe once and then didn't use it again. I have decided that because I won't be doing biggest loser again that I needed something to keep me in check. I logged in my current weight and, since last using this app I have lost 40 pounds!!! I cannot believe it. Now that I tell you is something that makes me want to continue on the path I am on. The other cool thing is that I am fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear for years! I am so excited, I'm going to keep going until I reach my goal! :D

2 comments:

Geneen said...

WAY TO GO!!! 40 lbs since Henry was born is quite the accomplishment! Keep on trucking girl, you're doing awesome!

Julie said...

Congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome!