Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy 8 Months Henry!

Happy 8 months to my big boy! As I always say time is really flying with him getting so big! This past month has kind of been a rough one. After having a cold for about three weeks I took him in to see the doctor. He had a bad cough, runny nose, and a fever. Well we went in and found out that he had an ear infection. Poor guy! We got a prescription and that is what he has been on the past 10 days. I thought that things would get better but they seemed to get worse. Well, we are on day 10 now and he still isn't completely better, but he is on his way. Its so hard being around sick babies! I will be so happy when he is 100% again.

 We bought him this new turtle hat at the store. Couldn't resist, it was the cutest thing! I've been told that babies do not like wearing hats. Well, maybe its because I am persistent but he doesn't seem to mind! 
This is a typical face from Henry. Normally this is the face we get when he is watching really closely trying to figure something out.



You can kind of see them in this picture but this kiddo has 4 teeth!! Two on the bottom and two that are almost done coming in on the top. And, he has a fifth one he is working on! Because of the new teeth coming in, he has starting grinding them from time to time. Not a good sound... gives me the goosebumps! So we try and get him to put his pacifier in his mouth to keep him from doing that.
Updates on our boy! A new song that he likes is: Open shut them. Its a nursery song. I have to admit it. I kind of struggle with letting him get really messy with food. Thats the neat organizer in me coming out. I know that I need to start letting him try and feed himself. So I have been trying. I give him ghram crackers and just let him go crazy. He looks like he is having fun so I just need to learn to relax! We have really been trying to get him to say 'MAMA' 'DADA'. Well, when we say it to him he just watches us and you can see he is thinking how do you do that?! He will get it eventually. Meanwhile he is becoming very chatty. Rararara is the main talking he does. I just love this little boy so much and am so greatful that he is in our lives! Love you Henry!

1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

Love the hat on that happy boy!!!