Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Announcment!
I have an announcement! If you are reading this thinking, 'Are they pregnant?' No, we are not. However, I still have big news! For those who don't know, Steven graduated last May in ATC (Air Traffic Control). We have been waiting almost a year to hear anything from the FAA about where we could be going. A few weeks ago I got a phone call from a good friend of ours. She was so excited because her husband had received an e-mail saying that they had been pre-selected. I was SO excited for them! I will admit that a part of me was bummed because we have been waiting for so long and haven't heard anything. Her husband gave Steven a phone number for him to call and see what was going on. The day that all of this was going down, I was just blue. It seems like we have had doors shutting in our faces left and right. Its getting me to a breaking point. That same day I had heard back from a job I had applied to saying that I wasn't qualified. Its hard to hear that. Steven called the number and it turns out, HE HAD BEEN PRE-SELECTED as well!!! In reading his e-mail it said that he wasn't chosen for Washington, and the other state we had picked was Montana. You only pick two states. So, we assumed thats where we were going. I don't know that anything will happen soon but its movement. Its a light at the end of the tunnel. The next step was to wait for an e-mail. Waiting... ugh I really hate it. We eventually got an e-mail but it said to: Michael T. Jacobson... and they were going to New Hampshire! Now, this had us freaking out because we didn't know if it was just a name change, or what. Steven tried non stop to call/e-mail to get a hold of someone to let them know that there has been a mistake. He tried for days. There was nothing. Then, an e-mail came! It said revision, Steven D. Jacobson, has been pre-selected for Montana! We don't know where in Montana yet. It will be one of these four cities: Great Falls, Helena, Missoula, Billings. He responded back saying that he is interested and wanting to continue in the hiring process. We had friends who were pre-selected last year around this time and they didn't go to Oklahoma for training until November. So I think we will be here for a while yet. Yesterday he received another e-mail saying that his response had been received, and within the next two weeks he would be contacted by phone or e-mail to set up an interview in SEA-TAC. This process hasn't been a quick one, but there is stuff happening which is always good. I am looking forward to moving! I have loved being close to family and getting to know new friends, but I am looking forward to a new place and getting to try things on our own. I have had tons of help being home, but I am ready to try something new. Looking forward to this! I will keep details posted on here when I get them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment