Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trip to Utah

This past weekend Steven, Henry my brother Kyle and myself took a quick road trip to Utah. My Dad and Baelie were getting sealed in the Timpanogis Temple. We weren't able to take a long trip because Steven had work and Kyle had school and work. We left on Thursday after Kyle got off work. We ended up getting out of Maple Valley around 8pm. We drove into the night. Henry was amazing. He slept most of it but woke up and cried for about a half hour straight. We stopped in La Grande, OR. We got there around 1am. The next day Kyle drove about seven hours! We arrived at my Aunt Betty Ann's house and were able to visit with her. Steven and I have not been to Utah since we left it after we were married. So its been about five years since we were last there. My sister Casey and her boyfriend Jesse were able to meet up with us at Betty Ann's house. After visiting there Steven Kyle Henry and myself then went to my cousin Liz's house. We would be staying with them. After getting there we left and drove up to my sister, Jamie's house. She lives in Draper on top of a mountain I swear! There we met her boyfriend, Jared. He made us dinner. We had steak and salmon, yum yum! My dad, my sister Carlie, Jaimie (Baelie's daughter) came with her boyfriend. Yes we have two Jamie's in our family! Also Baelie's son, Michael and his wife Yeni came with their two month old son, Logan. We had a lot of fun that night! Very full house but very fun! The next day was the sealing. Steven and I got to the temple around 2:30, the sealing started at 3:00. It was really nice because my brother and sisters were able to watch Henry so that was really nice. Elder Clark from the general authorities was who preformed the sealing. It was amazing. I kept telling myself that I wasn't going to cry, that I would be fine. Well, it was all working pretty well until my dad made eye contact with me. I cannot express how I felt. There was a time in my life where I didn't think my dad would ever fully come back into the church and I didn't think I would ever get to be in the temple with him. He wasn't able to come to my wedding, and that tore me apart. Seeing him in the temple was so overwhelming. The spirit was there and it was so strong. I know that it helped strengthen my testimony seeing him. I am so proud of him. On our way out I gave him a hug and I couldn't stop crying. Even as I think about it now my eyes get watery... It was the coolest thing. I still remember my dad calling me about a month ago telling me that he was going to be going through the temple. He said, "Melinda! I am going to be sealed to you forever! And, I'm going to be sealed to Henry! For, Forever!! How cool is that?" I am so thankful that I am able to spend eternity with my family! And now it feels more complete.




My siblings! Casey, Jamie, Carlie, Kyle.

The layout of food. AMAZING!

Walk, Henry!

So ticklish!

Daddy!

Walking with Grandpa.



Group shot.

The happy couple!

Baelie holding Henry So the pictures are out of order, and the top font is all weird. I don't know what happened. But I hope you were able to read and understand everything.... 













 The rest of the day we spent at my aunt Shaunna's for a reception. I had so much fun. I was able to see so many people that I haven't seen in years. Including my grandparents! It was bittersweet seeing them. I had so much fun with them but then a thought occurred to me. I don't want it to be this long before I see them again. On Sunday we were able to go to my dad's ward. That was fun. He and Baelie teach a marriage class. It was very cool watching them teach. Then we went over to my brother in law's, Doug and Geene's house. Their kids, Evelyn, Eloise, and Michael were so fun! Those girls were so excited to see Henry! I loved it. I wish that we lived closer so they could all hang out together more often, but it is, what it is. Maybe someday :)

1 comment:

Natalie Smith said...

Henry is starting to really look like you now. So cute. What a fun age! Glad you made it back for the special day!