I tried to post about how Henry took his first steps and it didn't
work... :( So, I will post it here without video sadly. Four days before
Henry's first birthday he took his first steps!! It happened July 5,
2012. I was downstairs and then I hear Geneen (my sister in law) and my
mother in law yelling at Steven and I to get upstairs. We got up there
and sure enough he was taking his first steps! Geneen would hold him and
then balance him and then he would take off! He was a walking machine!
It was so cool seeing him take his first steps. The following day we
tried to get him to do it again and he fell... Since then he hasn't
taken more steps. We try to get him to do it and he folds up his legs.
One thing I will say about Henry is he can be very stubborn when he
chooses to be. Lately we have gotten him to use walkers and he walks
himself around. Except for the walls that seem to get in his way. :)
Anyway, on to Henry turning 1!! We decided to celebrate by inviting family and a few close friends to celebrate with us at Lake Wilderness Park. It was a beautiful day, so perfect! I had a theme planned out for his party and it was fire truck theme. I didn't think that I needed to go pick up decorations earlier and so I just went the day of. Well, went to a few different places and called others and none of them sell fire truck decorations! I was a little upset. I mean, I picked a really basic theme and yet I couldn't find anything. So then I changed it to a bears theme. Same problem, NOTHING. So then I chose trains. Couldn't find anything for that either! So, I settled on Cars (The movie). It actually turned out really cute! I got some kazoos to give out as gifts for the kids, a Cars table cover, and then some red plates and napkins. Also a balloon bouquet for Henry. He gets so excited about balloons when we go to the store so I was very excited to give him balloons! Everyone that came brought a side or something and that made it super easy for the food.
My little sisiter Teneal, has been planning to make Henry's birthday cake since he was born! She loves to make cakes and so I had no problem with her taking over the cake. She planned to make him a little bear just his size. For her birthday she got the molds for the bear, she was so excited! Well, this summer she has been in Utah. She ended up extending her stay and wasn't able to be here for Henry's birthday. :( She was very missed! My mother and I decided to take on the cake and see what we could do. I think we did an alright job for not ever having done it before.
 |
| Cake almost done |
 |
| Finished product! |
 |
| Happy birthday to you!... |
 |
| Happy Birthday to you!... |
 |
| Happy birthday dear Henry! |
 |
| Yummy cake |
 |
| Sawyer helping with the cake |
 |
| Quite the look there Henry... :) |
 |
| Cute birthday boy!! |
Time to open presents! :)
 |
| Happy birthday sweet Henry! |
1 comment:
Holy Cow! He is set...fun toys. So spoiled and loved.
Happy Birthday Henry!!!
Post a Comment